Our Residential Inpatient Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Columbus, Ohio
At OARC, we know there is hope. Our inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation program aims to provide patient-centered care that addresses the underlying causes of substance use. Our highly experienced clinicians will help you or a loved one identify both the root of your addiction and new coping strategies to achieve life-long recovery.
Voted the best addiction treatment center in Ohio for 3 years in a row, we’re committed to providing the very best standard of care for our clients. Effective addiction treatment is more than just our business – we see recovery every day and have been putting families back together for nearly a decade.
Best Rated Inpatient Rehab in Ohio
Your health insurance could cover up to 100% of the cost of treatment. We’re happy to include the following amenities and services to call clients:
Primary Rehab Amenities and Services:
1 on 1 counseling
Tobacco and Vaping
Long term options
What People Say
I would recommend this facility to anyone struggling with addiction. They treat everyone on an individual basis and like family!!Monica M.Client
“Changed my life!”
My experience at OARC was amazing! Incredible staff and counselors. This place changed my life!Payton H.Client
What sets them apart from others is the more personalized attention and communication you receive right from the start.Laurie W.Parent of a Client
What is Residential or Inpatient Rehab?
Inpatient or residential addiction treatment is a comprehensive and intensive high-level of care where clients live and sleep at the facility for the duration of their treatment.
Our residential rehab center offers a comfortable and residential environment that feels less “medical” than a hospital. However, like a hospital, you’ll still receive around-the-clock care from specialized medical staff such as nurses, physicians, and clinicians.
“Inpatient” and “residential” are terms often used interchangeably, but really the term “inpatient” is typically used to refer to short-term medical treatments, while “residential” is typically used to refer to long-term programs that are 30 days or longer.
Residential rehab is best for individuals who use drugs or alcohol consistently and find they cannot quit on their own. Residential treatment enables individuals to achieve the critical first 30-45 days of sobriety in a recovery-oriented environment.
Many studies suggest long-term residential programs are the most effective treatment model for producing sustained abstinence and recovery. That’s why we often encourage a phased approach that starts with inpatient detox, then residential treatment, and finally outpatient aftercare.
What is Residential Addiction Treatment Like At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center?
Residential treatment provides education, life skills, coping skills, psychotherapy, and medical care. Like Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, we believe individuals are most likely to recover when their physiological, safety, belonging, self-esteem, and cognitive needs are met. This is often referred to as a holistic approach.
At OARC, our residential drug & alcohol program includes the following:
- Assessment and Intake: The journey in residential addiction treatment begins with a thorough assessment of the individual’s physical and mental health, as well as their substance abuse history. We first conduct a pre-assessment over the phone which takes about 15-20 minutes to be sure you or a loved one are a fit for our program. If accepted for admission, you or your loved one will then receive a thorough bio-psycho-social assessment from our medical staff. This assessment helps the treatment team develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to the individual’s specific needs.
- Detoxification: For many individuals struggling with addiction, the first step of residential treatment involves detoxification. During this stage, individuals are medically supervised as they go through withdrawal, managing the physical and psychological symptoms of stopping substance use. Medical professionals provide medications and therapies to alleviate withdrawal symptoms and ensure the individual’s safety and comfort.
- Therapy and Counseling: Residential treatment programs offer a variety of evidence-based therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), individual counseling, group therapy sessions, and family therapy. These therapies help individuals address the root causes of their addiction, learn coping strategies, and develop healthier thought patterns and behaviors.
- Supportive Environment: In addition to 24-hour medical support, one of the significant advantages of residential treatment is the supportive environment it provides. Being surrounded by individuals who are going through similar struggles creates a sense of camaraderie and understanding. Peer support is a crucial aspect of the recovery process, and our residential program fosters a sense of community among residents. Most of our staff are also in recovery themselves.
- Skill Building & Education: In addition to therapy, individuals in residential treatment learn various life skills necessary for maintaining sobriety. These skills may include stress management, communication skills, time management, and problem-solving techniques. Learning these skills equips individuals with the tools they need to handle challenges and triggers in their everyday lives without resorting to substance use.
- Holistic Approach: Our residential treatment program incorporates holistic approaches to promote overall well-being. This includes activities such as yoga, outdoor walks, meditation, art therapy, and adventure therapy. These holistic practices help individuals reconnect with their bodies and minds, fostering a sense of balance and inner peace.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Many individuals with addiction also struggle with co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD. Our program specializes in dual diagnosis treatment, addressing both the addiction and the underlying mental health issues concurrently. Integrated treatment plans are essential for long-term recovery and our clients have the opportunity to regularly meet with our psychiatrist.
- Aftercare Planning: As the inpatient treatment program nears its end, the focus shifts to aftercare planning. A comprehensive aftercare plan is crucial for maintaining sobriety after leaving the facility. This plan may include outpatient therapy, support group meetings (such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous), continued counseling, and ongoing medical support if necessary.
- Family Involvement: Our residential treatment program recognizes the importance of family support in the recovery process. We offer family therapy sessions and educational programs to help family members understand addiction, learn how to support their loved one’s recovery, and address any family dynamics that may contribute to the addiction.
Have more questions about our program and its offerings? Give us a call today at 800-481-8457.
What Comes After Inpatient Rehab?
At OARC, we highly encourage a phased approach. This means residential treatment is but one phase of our continuum of care. Our next levels of care include:
1. Partial Hospitalization
Our partial hospitalization program, also known as PHP, is an intensive level of care that is a phase below inpatient residential treatment. In PHP, clients sleep at home or in a transitional sober living home instead of the facility. During the day, clients receive much of the same treatment services and therapy they would receive in residential rehab.
Not all clients step down to PHP. Some will simply step down to IOP from residential treatment.
2. Intensive Outpatient
Our intensive outpatient program, also known as IOP, is a phase below PHP. In IOP, clients resume work or school while still receiving treatment. The intensive outpatient program at OARC is 6 weeks long and 3 days per week with 3-hour sessions per day.
3. Outpatient Counseling
After graduating IOP, many clients choose to continue outpatient counseling. This is often 1-hour per week, but clients typically choose a cadence that works best between them and their therapist.
4. Transitional Housing
For clients in PHP, IOP, or any other outpatient we highly encourage sober living, which is a type of structured transitional housing. Unlike inpatient rehab, clients in sober living are free to leave and work as they wish, provided they follow house rules and submit to random drug and alcohol screening. Sober living can provide much-needed accountability and peer support in the critical first year of recovery.
Unsure what level of care is right for you or a loved one? Call today for no-obligation assessment 800-481-8457.
When to Consider an Ohio Residential Rehab
Inpatient residential rehab might be right for you or a loved one if one or more of the following are true:
- Substance abuse is negatively affecting your home & family life
- Substance use is negatively affecting your career
- Substance use is negatively affecting your health
- You try to moderate drug or alcohol use and find you cannot
- You try to quit drug or alcohol use and find you cannot
- You experience withdrawal symptoms
- You constantly think or obsess about drugs or alcohol
- You feel as though drug or alcohol use is self-medication for an underlying mental health condition
- You feel as though you use drugs or alcohol to “cope” with life
Type of Addictions We Treat
Our inpatient rehab facility in Columbus, Ohio specializes in both specific substances and co-occurring mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety. Specifically, our facility treats addictions such as:
- Alcohol use disorder
- Benzodiazepines, such as Xanax, Klonopin, and Valium
- Heroin, fentanyl, and other opioids
- Prescription drug abuse
- Tranquilizers and sedatives
- Adderall or other stimulants
Ohio Service Areas
For those who qualify for our program, we offer transportation to and from our facility within driving distance. Sometimes, this is as far as Indiana, Michigan, West Virginia, or Pennsylvania. However, most of our clients are from Cleveland, Cincinnati, or Columbus and surrounding Central Ohio suburbs, such as Dublin, New Albany, Worthington, Powell, Delaware, and more. Give us a call today to verify insurance and take a short assessment to see if you are a fit for our program. If so, we would be more than happy to arrange transportation 800-481-8457..
A Unique, Individualized Treatment Center
Every individual has unique needs and goals when it comes to recovery. Numerous factors contribute to a person’s risk of addiction.
Genetics, stage of development, gender, mental health, home environment, peer influence, past trauma, and cultural factors can all increase the likelihood of an individual developing a substance use disorder. Implementing a “one size fits all” treatment approach will fall short and prove to be ineffective when addressing the totality of an individual’s drug addiction. Varying risk factors and side effects of substance abuse disorder requires comprehensive and individualized treatment plans.
At Ohio Addiction Treatment Center, our team of experienced professionals understands these unique needs. We’ve created a wide variety of drug and alcohol treatment programs that will enable and empower you to achieve and maintain lifelong recovery. Our drug and alcohol rehab programs cater to address every need, no matter the severity of your addiction or past history. At OARC, our priority is to provide all who struggle with addiction the tools and support you need to make recovery a reality.
What to look for in inpatient drug & alcohol rehabs in Ohio
Looking for the best substance abuse rehab center for yourself or a loved one can feel overwhelming. How do you know what to look for? Every facility is different and the experience of one person looking for treatment will be completely different from another. Similarly, the perfect rehab for one person may not be perfect for someone else.
When looking for a rehab in Ohio, it’s important to look for both quality and continuum of care. Some Ohio detox centers don’t offer rehab while some residential rehabs don’t offer detox. This means you could be making a trip from one facility to another to continue treatment. At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center, we offer every level of care, meaning from day one through outpatient and sober living you will be treated by the same staff.
Another feature to look for is individualized treatment plans. Some facilities only offer MAT (medication-assisted treatment), some only offer faith-based recovery, while some may be strictly 12-step rehabs. At OARC, we pride ourselves on offering highly individualized treatment plans that fit the needs of each patient. We never push clients to accept a model they aren’t comfortable with. We simply offer a range of evidence-based modalities to find the best fit for you or a loved one. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to recovery.
Lastly, whether you found a treatment option online, through a friend, or were provided a referral, it’s important to do your research and ask questions. The best rehabs in Ohio will make sure that you find success and should be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Our rehabs in Ohio offer a wide range of effective drug treatment programming. From Dual Diagnosis treatment to medical drug and alcohol detox, to holistic options, it’s important to find a facility that will provide you with a range of options.
Proven to be effective, our facilities provide individualized treatment that are tailored to fit your specific treatment and recovery goals. If you are looking for a substance abuse rehab center that will give you the tools and support you need to overcome your addiction, call Ohio Addiction Recovery Center today at 800-481-8457..
Turning your life around is no easy feat, but it is possible. The right addiction treatment program will make it much more likely that you complete the program successfully, leave the program sober, and maintain your sobriety after you return to your everyday life.
Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center
If you or a loved one struggles with alcohol abuse or addiction issues, Ohio Addiction Recovery Center can help.
Our renowned Ohio drug rehab programs don’t merely eliminate the symptoms of your addiction, they also address the underlying causes.
We believe that you should be able to stay in treatment as long as you need in order to fully address your addiction issues.
Short Term Rehab
For many people who seek help for their substance abuse, an extended stay in a residential rehab program in Ohio will be their best choice.
At our rehabs in Ohio, we embrace and utilize the best holistic therapy and treatment options available.
Drug addiction and alcoholism affect men in a multitude of ways.
Dual Diagnosis Rehab
We do understand that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to substance abuse treatment.
Women’s Rehabs in Ohio
To effectively break free from substance abuse, an Ohio women’s drug and alcohol rehab center must feature programs that address their specific needs.
What Are the Objectives of Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers in Ohio?
When you attend our substance abuse treatment programs, the main objectives that treatment staff want to accomplish are simple. First and foremost, rehabs in Ohio seek to give you the tools you need to address all of your underlying addiction issues. Addiction didn’t happen over night and neither does recovery. With dedicated counselors and licensed clinicians, our substance abuse rehab centers also aim to provide the best medical and mental health care to restore and strengthen your overall health, addressing all issues in one place.
Lastly, Ohio drug and alcohol rehab centers will provide continued support and care so you can gain confidence as you transition back to your daily life. Recovery doesn’t just stop when addiction treatment is over. During treatment you foster and develop new tools, however, when you integrate back into the real world, our alumni program helps you stay accountable in taking your recovery to the next level by putting these practical tools to use.
The staff at Ohio Addiction Recovery Center understands what it takes to recover from addiction is fully committed to helping you take control of life.
Call Ohio Addiction Recovery Center Today!
Reaching out for help is one of the courageous things you can do. Don’t wait another day to address your addiction. Call Ohio Addiction Recovery Center toll-free today at 800-481-8457 and speak to one of our experienced admissions coordinators. Put your addiction in the past and make your recovery a reality. Our staff is ready to help you however we can through this difficult time in any way that we can. Calls into our toll-free rehab line are always free of charge and completely confidential. A better life is right around the corner, and it might just be a phone call away.