At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center, our clinical approach is to provide intensive services in a supportive, welcoming treatment program staffed by experienced, compassionate experts who are dedicated to the success of our clients.
Each individual comes to us with their own unique set of strengths and challenges. Our approach builds on those strengths and teaches tools and strategies to navigate and overcome the behaviors and habits that have been holding them back.
Our primary goal is to help those we serve to achieve abstinence and long-term recovery from alcoholism and substance abuse. We know that addiction and co-occurring disorders take a heavy toll on the individual. For many of the people we treat, substance abuse has been a way of life for years, often as early as childhood. This leaves them feeling hopeless and demoralized. There is often a belief that the problems they face are insurmountable and that things won’t get better. We aim to help each and every person we work with to move past this hopelessness and into a new life full of possibility. This happens through healing and learning a new way of life.
Our clinical approach starts upon arrival to the program. Each client is paired with a primary therapist and thoroughly assessed. A variety of factors will be considered during this process including their experience with addiction, co-occurring disorders, trauma, and other conditions. Working together, an individualized and comprehensive treatment plan is created. This plan will be a flexible basis for treatment. Depending on the needs of the client, a combination of group therapy, one-on-one coaching and counseling, twelve-step meeting attendance and education will be used to help them begin the recovery process. In addition, life skills and health and wellness activities will be integrated into the treatment plan to round out and complete the program.
We believe in using a variety of effective tools and solutions to achieve healing and progress toward recovery. Some of these include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Life Skills-Based Therapy
- Process Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Holistic Therapy
- Solutions-Based Therapy
We follow a general rule for most clients coming into our program however each person may have a different experience with us. We believe that a longer-term continuum of care that gradually brings you back to normal life is paramount in achieving life long recovery.
- Detox – This is the first and most important step. Let’s get the drugs and alcohol out of your system so we can focus on root causes.
- Rehabilitation – Now that the majority of withdrawal symptoms are gone we can begin to deal with root causes of substance abuse and any lingering acute withdrawal symptoms.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – With withdrawal symptoms fully gone and root causes addressed we can begin to transition into normal life while continuing to work on ourselves in a group and one on one basis.
- Outpatient Program (OP) – At this point, the frequency of groups and individuals decreases based on client/therapist discretion.
- Sober Living – We highly recommend entering a sober living home after completing phase 2 of our program. Having supportive peers around you in a drug and alcohol-free environment allows you to grow without too many distractions.