Voted the #1 Addiction Treatment Center in Ohio by Newsweek for 3 years in a row, Ohio Addiction Recovery Center has offered evidence-based and compassionate care for residents of Cleveland, Ohio for nearly 10 years. Because we offer transportation to and from treatment, we regularly have clients throughout the state. With a full continuum of care, we provide in-house medical detox, residential rehab, intensive outpatient, and more. Call today at (800) 481-8457 to see if you or a loved are a fit a for our small private program.View Location on Google Maps
Medical Detox in Cleveland
Medical detox is often the first level of care for those seeking addiction treatment. In a detox center, you or a loved are able to safely and comfortably detox from drugs or alcohol while receiving around-the-clock medical care. Medications and psychotherapy are used in conjunction to help limit withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
Because some substances can cause painful and even life threatening withdrawal symptoms, detox is typically covered by health insurance plans. Most clients are in inpatient detox for 5-14 days.
Unlike a hospital, our medical detox unit is a comfortable residential environment with catered food, recretations, fitness, groups, guest speakers, and more. At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center, we commonly treat
- Alcohol addiction
- Heroin and Fentanyl addiction
- Prescription opioid addiction, such as OxyContin, Percocet, and Vicodin
- Benzodiazepine addiction, such as Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin
- Methamphetamine addiction
- Cocaine addiction
Learn more about our full medical detox services here.
Residential Inpatient Rehabilitation
While medical detox treats the physical component of addiction, residential rehab treats the psychological component. Most clients enter our residential program after detox. Residential rehab is an intensive level of care lasting anywhere from 30-45 days. Clients engage in groups, psychotherapy, classes, 12-step meetings, psychiatry, and more.
Our program takes a holistic approach, meaning our philosophy is grounded in the belief that addiction is has many interconnected components. By treating the whole person with an individualized approach, we help you or a loved one prepare for a life of recovery outside of rehab with the tools to prevent relapse.
Our rehab centers features:
- Small census
- Catered meals
- Individual therapy
- Art and adventure therapy (excursions)
- 24/7 nursing
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Life skills
- 12-step meetings and guest speakers
- Vaping & smoking is permitted
- And more
Learn the full details about our inpatient rehab here.
Cleveland Addiction Resources
While the drug problem has hit Cleveland much harder than other cities throughout Ohio and the country at large, the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County have been quite proactive in their response to this issue. This includes steps taken by the government, community organizations, and non-profit organizations in the city that are aimed at reducing the harm caused by drugs in the city, and the death toll they have produced. Aside from public-sector responses to the drug problem, there has been a significant private-sector response, as there are several reliable drug and alcohol detox and rehab centers in Cleveland. There are also organizations that aim to address issues that are secondary to drug use itself, namely the health conditions that commonly arise from IV drug use such as HIV/AIDS.
Just a few of these helpful organizations and programs include:
- ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County: The Alcohol, Drug Addiction, & Mental Health Services board works to provide helpful resources for people struggling with addiction or mental health issues in Cuyahoga County and throughout Cleveland.
- State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy: This government site provides a directory of pharmacies that dispense naloxone without a prescription throughout Ohio that is searchable by county. There are over 200 listings in Cuyahoga county alone!
- Frontline Service: A community crisis center that provides help to people struggling with homelessness, behavioral health crises, and struggling with drug addiction.
- Frontline Service 24-Hour Crisis Line: 216-623-6888
- Project DAWN: An acronym for “Deaths Avoided With Naloxone”, this program aims to educate and to inform people on how to use naloxone, and also providing naloxone kits to use in the event of an overdose. They have 3 locations across the City of Cleveland.
- NEXT Distro – Ohio: An overdose prevention organization, they have naloxone training programs and can even have naloxone mailed to your home. They also have a Harm Reduction Ohio page that can help someone find naloxone.
- The Network for Public Health Law: This document provides an overview and interpretation of the “Good Samaritan” laws in Ohio. These laws are intended to allow someone to call an ambulance in the event someone overdoses and avoid prosecution or legal repercussion.
- AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland: This is an AIDS Service Organization that aims to prevent the spread of AIDS through prophylactic medications and provide healthcare services for those who have already acquired HIV or AIDS.
Addiction Recovery In Cleveland
The opportunities for addiction recovery are available at a rehab center in Cleveland, and Ohio Addiction Recovery Center is here to help someone begin their journey on the road to recovery. We offer dual diagnosis treatment programs that include some of the most effective evidence-based therapies. Our 12-step-based approach has proven effective at helping people recover from an addiction to drugs and alcohol and continue growth in every aspect of their lives. Addiction doesn’t develop overnight, and recovery will likewise take time. With the support, counseling, and care from our trained clinicians, anyone can find freedom from addiction and begin building a happy and full life.
We provide treatment and care to our clients directly while also working to help our clients get connected into recovery communities and find services or resources for any other issues they may be facing. Recovery is a process, and the more help someone has along the way, the smoother this journey will be. We encourage all of our clients to continue their recovery journey by joining a recovery fellowship once treatment has been completed. Just a few of the recovery fellowships in and around Cleveland include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: An easy AA meeting locator tool. There are over 1,000 meetings per week in Cleveland.
- Heroin Anonymous: There are currently 9 different groups meeting every week in Cleveland and more in the metro area.
- Cocaine Anonymous: Find a CA meeting near you. There are currently over 30 CA meetings per week in Cleveland.
- Narcotics Anonymous: Find NA meetings near you. There are currently over 80 NA meetings in Cleveland every week.
There are other, non-12-step based recovery fellowships as well. Everyone has their own path to recovery, and some people may prefer a 12-step path, while other people may prefer another way. Some non-12-step recovery fellowships in and around Cleveland include:
- Celebrate Recovery: A Christian-based recovery fellowship, they have a meeting locator to find meetings near you. There are currently 15 CR groups meeting across Cleveland every week.
- SMART Recovery: An acronym for Self-Management And Recovery Training, this recovery fellowship currently has 9 in-person meetings in Cleveland every week, and many more virtual meetings.
- Recovery Dharma: A Buddhism-oriented recovery fellowship, they currently have 2 meetings in Cleveland every week.
The journey of recovery can be difficult at times, although it is often much easier than the journey someone went through in active addiction. Having a network of others in recovery can be crucial for someone to be able to change their life and live it happily. This can also be true for the friends and family of people recovering from an addiction. There are also groups for them, including:
- Al-Anon: Meetings for the loved ones of people in recovery from addiction, Al-Anon currently has 9 meetings a week across Cleveland.
- Nar-Anon: Find meetings for friends and family of people in recovery from narcotic addiction. There are currently 2 meetings per week in Cleveland.
Need More Help? Recovery Is A Phone Call Away
Ohio Addiction Recovery Center offers free transportation to and from treatment, no matter where you are in Ohio! We offer medical detox, residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and sober living in Central Ohio. When it comes to addiction treatment, you shouldn’t settle for just any treatment center. With our evidence-based model, individualized treatment plans, and state of the art facility, our program was voted the best addiction treatment center in Ohio by Newsweek.
We accept most insurance plans. If you are worried about work, school, or legal matters, our comprehensive case management team can help you navigate a path to recovery. If you think you’re ready for the next step, call us today at (800) 481-8457 to speak with a compassionate specialist.